Saturday, February 5, 2011

Of Losing Self and Rediscovery

Soo, it has been a very long time since I have blogged anything. I really don't know why. I do know that I went through a rather rough time and sort of retreated into myself. I shut down as much as I could given the responsibilities I have.

Like a plant that flowers annually, I find myself entering a period of rebirth creatively. I can feel my inner self awakening; resurrecting. I am overjoyed. For a long period I felt as though I had lost myself forever. I now know that to be untrue. My innermost self was hibernating; rejuvenating and is now ready to emerge. Refreshed and renewed.

Sometimes we must be lost before we can be found. In the finding we learn who we truly are and where we are to be. Being lost was a lot like walking in fog, but now the fog has lifted and things have become clear. I welcome clarity.

I have missed my writing and look forward to what may come from within.

3 comments:

Rebecca Foster said...

I'm so sorry to hear you have been feeling lost. But very glad to know you have found yourself again. I still read that book often you have me. It has brought me so much clarity and strength. I think you are very wise!

Debra said...

Clarity. Sometimes it seems so elusive, but I am glad that you have found your way back to it again. You have been missed. I hope that you continue to find more clearing in the fog and that you begin writing again.

Hugs,
Debbie

Matt said...

I'm glad to see you writing again, Jenn.