Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Reconnecting

I get up early. Most days I'm up at least 3 hrs before I have to leave the house. Many people who know this look at me like I've just grown three heads and gasp "WHY".


Simple! It's MY time. It is time that I do not have to worry about hearing anyone say "Mom", I don't have to worry about the phone; I am totally and completely free from all responsibilities for a brief moment. I can just sit sipping my coffee lost in my own thoughts, I can immerse myself in that book I've been reading, I can have uninterrupted time to write, I can workout, I can plot and plan ..... the possibilities for my morning time are endless!!


I cherish my time, especially since my children are older; they don't go to bed as early and some days it feels as though there is someone around me from the time I get up until the time I go to bed. Alone time is so important. It allows us to reconnect with ourselves, to be in touch with our inner most thoughts and feelings. It is time that allows us to explore ourselves, perhaps offering a gentle reminder of who we are. Sometimes it's easy to lose sight of ourselves when we are busy "living".


Besides, getting up this early enables me to see some pretty spectacular sunrises !!!




1 comment:

Rebecca Foster said...

Oh wow, beautiful shot! Nice.